- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Table tennis
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fence around the pool
- Free WiFi
- Ice maker
- Indoor pool
- Near a hospital
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor pool
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Beachfront 3rd floor ocean view overlooks pool & slide. Sleeps 6, washer/dryer on property. Sizable play area & grilles. 2 tennis courts, basketball, putt putt. Great for families. Available Jul 30-Aug 6.
About the Area
Located in Atlantic Beach, this condo is on the beach. Hoop Pole Creek Nature Trail and Rachel Carson Reserve reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores and North Carolina Maritime Museum. Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway and Mount Maker Charters are also worth visiting. Looking to get your feet wet? Surfing/body boarding and swimming adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Rental home booking tips:
How to get the best value:
- The sooner you can book, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Reserving your rental property up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- June, July, and August are high season in Atlantic Beach. Reserve your Havelock vacation home in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Havelock vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Some owners offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers often offer renters an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, travel guides have discounts for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Filter your search:
- Begin by selecting potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Beachfront, sleeps up to 6. Indoor & outdoor pool & slide, large deck, putt putt has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property manager before you book the vacation property. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you must book a rental that allows animals. Make sure to ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Does your family require specific amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
Advice for a wonderful stay:
- Get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of difficulties.
- Lock your vacation home while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- To make certain damages are not attributed to your family's visit, make note of any problem areas upon check in. Make contact with the host immediately to relay any issues. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your home life. Practice the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Just prior to departing, take a walk-through to make sure you have not forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property a final time and look for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent ratings to inspire new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.6 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Hang 10 Donuts - 2.0 miles
- Kidz at Play - 2.0 miles
- Prime Bistro Wine Bar - 3.9 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.2 miles
- Oceanana Fishing Pier & Pier House Restaurant - 0.8 miles
- Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar - 1.2 miles
- Rachel Carson Coastal Reserve - 3.8 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.9 miles
- Beaufort Pirates Revenge - 2.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.6 miles
- Lookout Cruises - 2.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.1 miles
- Carolina Princess - 1.6 miles
- Kidz at Play - 2.0 miles