About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2500 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Clear the calendar for a calming getaway at this 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental home in Beaufort. Constructed in 1958, this home maintains that same painless-going ambiance from way-back-when; made complete with a warm interior, a comfortable sunroom and a shaded porch. Take a dip in the water, cruise across the Newport River, or meet the scallywags of the Beaufort Pirate Invasion. No matter how you choose to spend your time, prepare to be the captain of this great hideaway!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Bedroom 3: Full Bed | Sunroom: 2 Twin Daybeds
You'll feel right at home from the moment you arrive at this cozy abode. Originally constructed in the 50s, this brick, ranch-style home continues to showcase that old-school appeal both inside and out - paired with 3 acres of relaxing yard space along the Newport River.
Warm weather poses the ideal conditions for days spent on the water. While the more adventurous discover via boat or paddleboard, others can swim along the shore, go crabbing off the dock, or simply take it all in from the comfort of the back porch.
Refuel your fellow adventurers with a hearty home-cooked meal each evening. The kitchen is completely equipped with refreshed appliances to assist with complex cuisine and simple treats alike. Savor nights in at the dining table, or take dinner outside for an al fresco feast on the patio.
End the day in absolute relaxation - whether in front of the flat-screen cable TV, with a good book by the fireplace, or outside on the patio to savor a spectacular sunset or a sky full of stars.
When you're ready to retire for the nighttime, choose between a king bed in the master or a full bed in the additional bedrooms, while others find a cozy spot on either daybed in the sunroom.
-- THE LOCATION --
This historic city of Beaufort is brimming with things to see and do, all just 10 mins. from the property. Front Street offers an array of eateries, boutique stores, and historic home tours, plus bicycle units so you can visit it all with ease! Be sure to check the calendar before you go; arts and crafts shows are often found lining the streets throughout the year.
If you've come to Beaufort for the pirates, yer in luck! The hub for the annual Pirate Invasion is just 3 miles away, making it easy to take part in events like the Yo Ho Ho & a Bottle o' RUN and the Parley on the Waterfront.
Beaufort makes it easy to spend the day on the water. Rent a kayak, boat, or paddleboard to cruise across the beautiful Newport River area. Venture further down to Taylor Creek for a front-row spot to see the outer bank ponies on Carrot Island.
Be sure to visit some of the famed local favorites in the area. Stop by the Beaufort Airport, the original base where Michael Smith, the pilot of the Challenger, learned to fly, or take a day-trip to Cape Lookout for oceanfront vistas sure to impress.
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve makes it easy to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Conveniences include a entirely equipped kitchen, complimentary WiFi, a flat-screen cable TV, fireplace, in-unit laundry machines, sunroom, shaded porch, patio seating, 3 acres of private land, boat dock, driveway parking, and much more!
- Wonderful Beaufort location - Boasting waterfront access with a boat launch close by, along with a prime location just mins. from historic downtown!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport - 200 Terminal Dr, New Bern, NC 28562, (~ 37.5 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No family pets allowed
- No events, events or enormous gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: The boat dock is currently available
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Beaufort Historic Site and Core Creek Bridge are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at North River Golf Course and Morehead City Yacht Basin. North Carolina Maritime Museum and North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Vacation rental booking tips:
Money saving strategies:
- Summer is the most expensive season in Beaufort. Reserve your Havelock rental home in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Havelock vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Often, property management companies supply Havelock area visitors guides that include special deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Make a plan and choose the rightrental:
- Select a group lead, select your vacation dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. 1950s-Style House with Patio on Newport River! has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts is generally available on booking websites. Otherwise, email the host before you reserve the rental. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You'll need to determine what is right for your group.
- Does your group require special amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or charges may be applied to your invoice.
Advice for your stay:
- Add the host's information to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- During check-in, note any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Just before checking out, take a walk-through to confirm you have not forget anything. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, take video and pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a great time? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide comments. If your rental and/or host was great, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 3.4 miles
- City Kitchen - 1.1 miles
- Roland’s Barbecue - 1.4 miles
- Domino's Pizza Crystal Coast - 1.4 miles
- Dragon King - 1.4 miles
- Taste of China - 1.5 miles
- Blackbeards Grill and Grog - 1.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.8 miles
- Beaufort Pirates Revenge - 1.8 miles
- Shackleford Wild Horse & Shelling Safari - 1.8 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 1.8 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 1.8 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 3.3 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.9 miles
- Lazy Livin Yacht Tours - 1.4 miles