About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Atlantic Beach, NC. Guests are sure to savor a memorable vacation in this cedar shake, all-wood interior, completely furnished, 4 bedroom/ 4.5 bath beach home. The master bedroom has a king sized bed, the others are furnished with a queen-sized bed, 2 twin beds and an additional huge bedroom featuring 2 doubles. The home sleeps 8-10 comfortably. The indoor spaces feature original artwork, unique furnishings, and the kitchen is equipped with nearly new appliances and cookware. Located on the second row, the beach is just steps away. On the cavernous front porch, guests can appreciate ocean vistas, cool breezes and gorgeous sunsets. And the best nap/ book reading in the world is to be found while calming on the front porch hanging bed. There is also a sizable side screened porch, back deck & outdoor shower.
When not on the wide, soft sand beach (less than a three-min. walk), enjoy close by attractions such as cycling in various parts of Bogue Island, touring historic Fort Macon State Park, taking boat excursions (or your own boat) to Cape Lookout National Seashore and Lighthouse and other close by islands, seeing weekly concerts at Fort Macon, visiting the colonial town of Beaufort and its waterfront scenery and eateries, the NC Aquarium, and Morehead City eateries and nightlife, savoring a Sunset drink at the bar located at the end of the close by Oceana Fishing Pier which gives a expansive view of the coastline, or water activities including kayaking, canoeing, and surfing.
The water remains warm enough for swimming well after Labor Day so consider a long-weekend as fall begins. In winter, enjoy seeing the sun set directly over the Atlantic Ocean due to the island's orientation along the coast and the location of the sun. A sight to see!
About the Area
Located in Atlantic Beach, this vacation home is near the beach. Fort Macon State Park and Beaufort Historic Site are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Coral Bay Shopping Center and Morehead Plaza Shopping Center. Traveling with kids? Consider North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, or check out an event or a game at Big Rock Stadium. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips for getting the best Havelock vacation property experience:
Finding the best value:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is high season in the Havelock area. To find the best value, try shifting your vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer warm weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites typically offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Havelock visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guides have offers and deals for nearby accommodations and attractions.
Planning, selecting, and booking yourvacation home:
- Choose your vacation dates and budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Atlantic Beach Classic Family Cottage has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, email the property owner before booking your rental. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds. You will need to determine what configuration is optimal for your family.
- If your group is traveling with pets, search for a property that allows animals. Request specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Often, property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a particular Havelock beach you are crazy about, search for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
Tips for a smooth stay:
- Get the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few problems.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- During check-in, make note of any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Re-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a wonderful vacation? Many rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 1.3 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.6 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.7 miles
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 3.0 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 3.6 miles
- Oceanana Fishing Pier & Pier House Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Resort Grill - 0.3 miles
- Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar - 0.5 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.3 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles
- Beaufort Pirates Revenge - 3.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.3 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.3 miles
- Shackleford Wild Horse & Shelling Safari - 3.3 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.4 miles