- As low as $92/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 5
- 1 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1549 sq ft (144 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 5
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1549 square feet
This home is an original bungalow from the 1940s with recent renovations. It is a short walk to the Downtown waterfront along the edge of Taylor’s Creek. A short walk away is Fisherman’s Park, where you can launch your kayak for a leisurely paddle down the waterfront.
The home has wood floors, arched doorways, screened porch, and back deck which opens into a mature, private back yard. The kitchen is clean, bright, modern, and completely equipped, including new stainless appliances and a conveniently located washer and dryer. There are options for gathering, including a comfortable living room with a flat-screen TV as well as a sitting room/bedroom for more intimate conversations on the futon. The screened porch is a fabulous place to start your day with a cup of coffee watching the neighborhood come to life. The back deck is a calming space for watching the birds or grilling out with family and friends.
The primary suite is cavernous and includes a half bath, while the rest of the home has access to a new full bath.
The home is equipped with speedy Wi-fi, GoogleTV, and can meet all your needs, from working remotely to turning it off and experiencing the calming modest-town coastal life.
*Please note there are exterior cameras for security purposes only*
Spectrum Rental Properties must be contacted directly to add this fee to your booking unless you are booking through our DIRECT website (you may select the number of family pets at checkout). Pet costs are $200+tax per pet (dogs only, one dog allowed, under 25lbs). This fee is non-returnable!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Beaufort. Arts and Things Gallery and Morehead Plaza Shopping Center are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Rachel Carson Reserve and Hoop Pole Creek Nature Trail. North Carolina Maritime Museum and Mount Maker Charters are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as kayaking.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips to get the optimal Havelock rental home experience:
Get the most from your rental home budget:
- Summer time is high season in the Havelock area. To get the best value, consider changing your group's vacation to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer great temperatures, , and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Havelock vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites typically offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Many property management companies supply Havelock area visitors guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Havelock visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Filter your rental search:
- Select your vacation week and spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. The Gray Whale Cottage in Beaufort, NC has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is normally available on booking websites. If not, reach out to the host before reserving the rental. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to determine what bed configuration is suitable for your family.
- If there's a certain Havelock destination you crave, search for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or charges may be applied to your invoice.
- Add the property manager's information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- To make certain damages aren't linked to your visit, inspect for any problem areas upon your arrival. E-mail the property manager immediately to report any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent many issues.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let burglars ruin your vacation.
- Re-check the property to make sure that you've packed all personal items at departure. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on good ratings to drive more bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best rental home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.4 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 3.8 miles
- Kidz at Play - 4.2 miles
- Mill Whistle Brewing - 0.2 miles
- Beaufort Café - 0.5 miles
- Les Ciseaux - 0.7 miles
- Freschi’s Food - 0.7 miles
- Blue Moon Bistro - 0.8 miles
- Rachel Carson Coastal Reserve - 1.0 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 0.8 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 0.8 miles
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 0.8 miles
- Shackleford Wild Horse & Shelling Safari - 0.8 miles
- Lookout Cruises - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Beaufort Pirates Revenge - 0.9 miles