About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 825 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
"Sound & SeaDogs Flat" is a great vacation hideaway just steps from the beach on one side and the sound on the other! This single story 2 bedroom/1 bath bungalow is pet friendly and has all of the amenities including kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove and dishwasher, open concept dining and living area and a laundry closet with over/under washer dryer. Two bedrooms (Bedroom 1 King bed, Bedroom 2 two Twins) complete the 800 sqft beach hideaway.
The 16ft adjoining patio with outdoor dining seating and gas grille provides for calming evenings after a day in the sun. Access to an outdoor shower is available. A private paved driveway entrance has room for 3 cars or a combination of car, boat & trailer (<20ft). The EI bicycle path is adjacent to the property for family cycling or a nice walk/jog. This bungalow is adjacent but not attached to another property.
Reservations are for a minimum 3 nighttime stay. Check-in at 4pm, check-out at 10am. This is a Non-Smoking property. Response guaranteed within hours.
Dogs (2 dog max/50 lbs. or less) are allowed with pre-approval and a non-returnable pet deposit. Don't hesitate to inquire about having a bigger dog. The pet deposit is $120 per stay.
Linens are included which includes sheets for all beds (beds made), bath towels, hand towels, washcloths and kitchen towels. Beach towels are not supplied and bath towels are not to be removed from the bungalow.
Personal concierge service at check-in and check-out with a single point of contact for questions, maintenance or after-hours emergencies.
There is a returnable damage deposit of $250 only applicable upon inspection at check-out.
In addition to the beach and sound that are both ~1 min. walking distance, near-by attractions include Island Water Sports located within walking distance, the North Carolina Aquarium, the Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier and Fort Macon State Park. Activities include cycling, jet skis, paddle boarding, fishing, boating, kayaking and miniature golf. Other points of interest include Morehead City and Beaufort attractions.
Local eateries mins. from the bungalow include the Crab Shack and the Anchor Drafthouse for pizza. A astounding food truck option is Captain’s Kitchen with amazing seafood options as well as burgers and hotdogs. Don’t be swayed by lines of patrons, it is worth the wait!
This bungalow is single story, great for retired folks or families with kids. Great parking and minimal steps to the beach make it very convenient for taking fast trips back and forth to the beach carrying essentials or taking breaks for meals. Lots of room, open floor plan and an outside patio for sunrise coffee or evening cookouts. If you're looking for a peaceful relaxing setting with access to both the sound and also a family friendly beach with plenty of room to appreciate the ocean, look for shells, read a book or swim, "Sound & SeaDogs Flat" is the place to stay.
About the Area
Located in Emerald Isle, this vacation home is near the beach. Coral Bay Shopping Center and Morehead Plaza Shopping Center are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Croatan National Forest and Theodore Roosevelt Natural Area. Traveling with kids? Consider North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, or check out an event or a game at Big Rock Stadium. Jet skiing, motor boating, and surfing/body boarding offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 50 lbs)
Our top Havelock rental home booking tips and tricks:
Money saving strategies:
- Summer months are high season in Emerald Isle. Reserve your Havelock vacation home in the Fall or Spring to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Havelock vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- In the Havelock area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your vacation home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your rental home.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your property manager if special discounts are available for your family.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Havelock area visitor guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Havelock visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Selecting and booking your prefectvacation home:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your vacation week, and select a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. *Great Stay!* Emerald Isle Bungalow One Minute Walk to Both Beach & Sound! has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is normally accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the property management company before reserving the property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to determine what bed configuration is best for your vacation group.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly rental. Get information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
Tips for a great stay:
- Store the owner's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Make a record of any damages to the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if damages are assessed.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Be respectful. Often, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental while you are out. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Re-check the property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did your group have a wonderful stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Island Water Sports - 0.1 miles
- Frank and Clara’s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.1 miles
- Crab Shack - 1.4 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 1.5 miles
- Frank’s Pizza & Subs - 3.2 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 3.8 miles
- The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores - 3.8 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Island Water Sports - 0.1 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Frank and Clara’s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.1 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 1.1 miles
- Homer’s Point Marina - 1.4 miles
- Patsy Pond Nature Trail - 3.9 miles
- Theodore Roosevelt Natural Area - 4.7 miles
- Leni Newell Studios And Gallery - 1.5 miles